Tuesday 21 April 2009

Week 1 over: Back on the Wagon

As my 1st week of being vegan comes to an end I realise how difficult this is going to be. I took a trip to Truro and raided Holland and Barrett for vegan food. There's some interesting stuff in that shop. I purchased corn and vegetable pasta, tofu, mock duck, Alpro soya desserts (vanilla and chocolate) and dairy free chocolate buttons. Yummy!

I'm planning to have a vegetable stir-fry with mock duck tonight. Here's what you will need:

1 tin of Mock Duck
1/2 bag of stir-fry vegetables
2 rings of tinned pineapple in natural juice
1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp tomato and garlic puree
red jalapenos (add to taste)
1 handful of long grain rice

  1. The rice will normally take about 15 minutes to cook so place the rice on the hob and follow the instructions on the pack
  2. Thinly slice the mock duck and lightly fry until golden
  3. add the stir-fry, pineapple, tinned tomatoes and tomato and garlic puree - mix together until the vegetables are tender.
  4. Mix in the jalapenos at eh end then serve with the rice
Voila!

This is my first full day as a vegan completed!

1 comment:

  1. My new favourite food is mock duck - or muck. I liked that it looked and smelt like Pedigree Chum but that it didn't actually taste like dog food. Decieving.

    ReplyDelete