Thursday 23 April 2009

Cheezly and Cheatin'

Yesterday I spent the day in Plymouth and had to find a vegan alternative for dinner as I didn't bring anything with me, again! I thought this would be quite difficult but found myself in Boots looking through the food section and came across some vegetarian and vegan foods.
I chose to have falafel in a flat bread with sweet chili jam and tzatzki which was very nice although I shouldn't have technically had the tzatziki, but it was such a small amount I discounted it as cheating. Also, my so called 'watcher' Mark assured me that tzatziki was allowed. He is a massive failure in being my watcher.

Many of the coffee houses now do fruit tea or soya alternatives which are reasonably priced and very tasty.

So yet again I've raided Holland and Barrett and have coma away with Cheezly (fake cheese) and Cheatin' chicken (fake chicken) along with some meat-free burger mix and vegan sunflower spread.

I chose to have an obscenely large jacket potato with beans sprinkled with Cheezly and Cheatin' chicken. On their own, Cheezly and Cheatin' chicken are quite tasteless but mixed with other things they become a taste sensation! packed full of nutritional goodness they're a good purchase and essential.

I'm making a vegan goulash followed by vegan brownies tonight. Can't wait. this should be lush!

1 comment: