Thursday 23 April 2009

Vegansexuals

I've recently come across the term 'vegansexual.' You may have already guessd what this entails, thats right, a vegansexual is a person who will only have sex with other vegans.

"If you are what you eat, vegansexuals don't want your meat"

Vegansexuals believe that you are indeed what you eat and that in having sexual relations with a carnivore they are somehow becoming 'less' vegan. They believe that carnivores are made up of dead animals and therefore refuse to be in relationships with them.

The New Zealand Centre for Human and Animal Studies conducted a survey in 2007 and found this to be a common opinion amongst vegans. It has since then become a widely coined term and many vegans have taken to becoming vegansexuals.

Although I think this would be very appealing to some people, I can't imagine having to ask a potential partner 20 questions about their eating habits before deciding whether I was interested in a relationship. That's entirely too much effort.

It's an interesting concept, but I think I'll stick to plain old heterosexuality.

1 comment: