Thursday 23 April 2009

Benefits of being Vegan

I realise that so far, I have made the entire vegan experience sound fairly negative so I thought I'd post some reasons why being a vegan is very beneficial.

To start with there is the moral issue. By being vegan you can rest assured your conscience will be clear. No animals would have been harmed or used in the making of your meals. As well as this, there is the added health benefits. As you will probably have to make your meals from scratch each day, you will have the advantage of knowing exactly what is in your meals each day.

As you would have read from my previous post, soy is packed full of nutrients and can benefit your health as much as meat and dairy.

As well as this, cooking is fun! I love cooking. I may not always be good at it, but I do enjoy is as do many others. So do it! become a vegan and start a life of soy milk, slow roasted vegetables, vegan brownies and veggie goulash! Yum!

I will warn you tho, being a vegan is not easy. Unlike myself, you have to be prepared when going out, read the labels on practically everything you touch and have serious will power. I have failed on all the above points.

No comments:

Post a Comment