Monday 13 April 2009

Day 2: I've fallen at the first hurdle!

My first official day as a vegan has been bad, bad, bad!

When I first told my friends and family I was becoming a vegan for 28 days many asked "why?" and others doubted I could do it. I'm sad to report that they may be right.

My two beautiful nephews were staying over last night and they had plenty of Easter eggs from Sunday left over and I cracked and had some. And it was eggcellent (he he!)

I blame them completely for forcing me to eat copious amounts of chocolate and jelly sweets. They continuously badgered me into eating the confectionery as only a five year old and a two year old are capable of...by placing it directly into my mouth. I couldn't say no. That would be rude!

However, I feel I made up for this small slip by having a lovely vegan friendly lunch and a lovely homemade stew for tea, yum yum!

There is one thing I can't do without in the day, like may others I love a good cuppa tea. But obviously, as a vegan, milk is out of the question. So I have taken to drinking sweetened soya milk and I love it! it's not so great with cereal but lush in tea. I've yet to try rice milk, that's next on the list.

I'm still determined to prove the cynics out there that I am more than capable of a small lifestyle change. Only time will tell.

1 comment: