Thursday 16 April 2009

Firstly, I'd like to thank Holly for her faith in me and the ace website www.allrecipes.co.uk I have found three recipes I'm trying out this week. Starting with a carrot, chilli and coriander soup, followed by Jean's falafel and finishing with egg-free chocolate cake. Yummy!
As you can see from the comments left on my last post, my 'watcher' Mark (AKA godblessyourblackheart) is going to make the next few weeks a living hell. Thanks. I can't wait.
I will post some pictures of my culinary delights and some honest, heartfelt reviews within the next week.
I do have a problem that has just arisen. I'm attending my friends 24th birthday celebrations on Saturday where there is to be a BBQ. WHAT CAN I EAT AT A BBQ?!
I have also been informed that not all alcohol is vegan friendly. What the hell is that about?! I'll have to do some research, good times!

2 comments:

  1. I heard before that alot of beers are filtered in some kind of system that uses fish bones. I'm not sure of the technicalities of it but there's something about it that rings true because alot of beer indeed is not vegan or even veggie for that matter.
    Also red wine isn't but if you shop in co-op it should say on the label exactly what went into it.
    BBQ??? Corn on the cob and BBQ'd tofu? Although i'm not sure id trust a BBQ to cook tofu to be honest - also, you'll need a separate BBQ or all the meat juice will get over your food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im pretty sure absolut vodka is vegan friendly. ummm you could bbq portobello mushrooms, make some kind of marinade for them? Make a nice salad? Rice?

    ReplyDelete