Sunday 12 April 2009

Day 1:And so it begins...

I have been given an assignment that requires me to write a blog for 28 days. This blog can be about anything I want. Many of my fellow students are writing about their passions be that film, video games or horses! I enjoy many things; shoes, fashion, interior design, art, music the list goes on and I could write for 28 days about any one of these things, however, I've decided to give myself a small challenge. I'm going to become a vegan for a month.

I have never been on any type of diet in my life. I'm a happy and healthy size 10 and have a good relationship with food, yet I've always found vegetarianism and veganism rather interesting.

I have chosen veganism as one of the the things I have nothing of is will power. I have zero. zip. Nada! I love meat but more importantly, I love dairy! I have a sweet tooth that will suffer during this challenge.

I'm 23 years old and think this will be a cool thing to do. simple as that. So tomorrow it begins! I have emptied my cupboards and fridge of any food that is has been produced as a result of an animal and I'm ready to rock!

Don't get me wrong, I know this wont be easy. I basically have to change everything about my eating habits, something I've never had to do before and to make it that little bit harder, I share a flat with 3 blokes who will be eating anything they want!

The purpose of this blog is to keep a diary of my vegan 'diet'. I will post recipes (good and bad), tips on home cooking, eating out and in general how I'm finding the life of a vegan.

I think its important to note that I'm only becoming a vegan in the food sense of the word. To be a true vegan, I would have to change my clothes, shoes (by far the hardest sacrifice), shampoo, shower gel, make-up etc. Unfortunately, I'm just not that dedicated. Sorry. I think the food thing is enough for now.

I'm excited. This time tomorrow my first vegan day will be over.It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment