Tuesday 14 April 2009

Thinking about it, this blog should really be a 'what not to do as a vegan'

OK, so here are some tips on staying on the straight and narrow:
1) empty cupboards, fridge, freezer of all non-vegan friendly foods. This includes the hidden dangers such as honey, white flour, Worcester sauce, white bread, milk, butter and my personal favourite chocolate
2) Immediately replace the above items with vegan alternatives usually found in health food shops (Holland and Barrett are awesome!)
3)If you feel you are as weak-willed as me then ask a friend too watch out for you until you get the hang of it
4) Cook from scratch. This way you know exactly whats in your food and also gain a good life skill

As of tomorrow I will also be listening to my own advice and following these tips to the letter!

3 comments:

  1. You're gonna fail - the second you turn your back i'll be slipping miniscule bits of pork into your vegan fare. I'll wait until you finish the meal and then let you know of your defeat at the hands of pork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also i'm gonna watch you like a hawk with no feathers and no beak. I'm gonna check under your bed for dairy products and examine the shower in case you've ferreted away meat products into the toilet cistern or under the bath mat. I'm on to you Saunders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahaha I have every belief in you Biffa! You Can do it!!! Go on www.allrecipes.co.uk they have loads of vegan recipes, even cakes! Saw a really nice tofu wrap or something like that! Did you know some alcohol isn't vegan friendly?

    ReplyDelete