Wednesday 27 May 2009

Final thought...


OK, so even though I have finished being a vegan and failed my challenge by finishing early and cheating throughout the 28 days, I still think there are some things being a vegan has taught me.Throughout the 28days I felt if I was doing this for moral reasons, I would have found it easier.

However, eating meat and dairy doesn't bother me in the slightest. I do believe the welfare of the animal I'm eventually going to eat should be taken into account which is why I only buy free range eggs and chicken.

I know that vegans would argue that even free range food is bad, however, I believe if people are going to eat meat or dairy then it should be from a reliable source. Farmers are under a lot of pressure to mass produce meat and that can sometimes lead to the suffering of the animal.This issue has been highlighted greatly by the media recently.

Celebrity chefs Jamie Oliver and Hugh Fernly Wittingstall have done a lot to change the way we think about our food and where it comes from.Every major supermarket now has the free range options available on foods such as eggs and chicken. I believe if we all take the step towards free range, it will make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment